i heart knitting
Sunday, April 09, 2006
  nod . . . nod . . . zzzzzzzzzzzz
Firstly, in non-knitting news, I am exhausted after a busy weekend – dinner out Friday night (Calibrisella yummy as ever), Hobart yesterday and a birthday party at Maccas for number one son today plus a visitor last night, and two lots today. Back to work tomorrow for a break!

I went to the Craft Fair in Hobart yesterday, with Mum and my friend and her mother and mother in law and a couple of other taggers-along. I was slightly disappointed (read incredibly pee-ed off as this is what I went for. I have tried and failed at so many other crafts! I know what I want!) that there were only two stalls with yarn, and about 400 gazillion quilting/fabric stalls. Fat quarters as far as the eye could see. It was great to see so many people about however. And some of the quilts were amazing. And I love Japanesey things. I bought very little - some wire to knit a bracelet, which I did last night. It looks okay, I haven’t finished it with a clasp as yet but will probably do so later this evening. Maybe. I don't think I will do this again. I didn't really enjoy it and don't wear a lot of jewellery. It would be a cheap quick knit for a fair or market stall perhaps, but then you risk having 300 gazillion knitted wire and bead bracelets! And I only have three and a half friends!

I also bought some Noro Silk Garden, which I am busily turning into a beanie for moi. I have knitted most of the band, from this pattern using black and will do the top with the Noro. I am a sucker, I just had to buy something. Mum bought me some bamboo dpns 2.5mm for socks. I will get some sock yarn later in the week I think. I could have spent thousands of dollars, but as I don’t have thousands of dollars I kept it to a respectable $20! We had a lovely time and it is a while since mother and I spent time together alone, so that was cool.

In other knitting news, I finished the beanie for SS, am half way up the first armwarmer and am still plodding away VERY slowly on the Manly. Guess what? I am going to come to the SnB meeting on Easter Tuesday. I am very excited about this, can’t wait to meet you all.

Off to read some blogs. I will post photos in the next couple of days, more birthday frivolities tomorrow, but Tuesday is looking clear!

Knit on, sisters.
 
Comments:
Wake up!!!!!!Only 3 days of school left after this!!! Looking forward to seeing you!!! Do you know where to go once inside the DOH??? I can email you, it's easy!!!
 
ooooooooooh we are looking forward to meeting you too!! And I am planning a surprise on Easter Tuesday (sshhhh...dont tell the other S'n'B members! lol)

I am having a sock competition on my blog at the moment where the winner will get some yarn perfect for socks (or baby clothes if you are that way inclined)....Feel free to enter.

Katt
 
I feel exhausted after reading about your busy weekend. I am so glad that I didn't go to the craft fair as I would only be interested in knitting related items.

I am so looking forward to meeting you on Tuesday, it may be daunting at first, I didn't know anyone when I went along for the first time but I was made so welcome, they are a great bunch of gals.
 
Yep, the craft fairs are very disappointing in the yarn department, but there's always the internet I guess.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Knitting . . . creating something from not much at all.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tasmania, Australia

Too busy to knit but can't help myself.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket


< < Previous | List | Next > >
Powered by RingSurf
ARCHIVES
February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 /

HOME TOWN POSSE
  • Cindy2Paw
  • The Knitter's Last Stand
  • Darkside of Knitting
  • Katt's Creative Knitting
  • Lil Purl
  • Shazza
  • Alone in the Stash
  • MrsMacgyver

  • I FREQUENT
  • FitKnits
  • Knizzle fo Shizzle
  • Redumbrella
  • Nerd Knits
  • Reading While Knitting
  • And She Knits Too
  • Crazy Aunt Purl
  • Grumperina
  • The Blue Blog
  • Yarn Harlot

  • Stripey Horror
  • Alien Illusion Scarf
  • Raspberry Jumper
  • Posterboy Bag
  • Odessa
  • Sox
  • Roll Brim Beanie/Hat
  • Green Squeeky Beenee
  • Pink Poomphy Scarph
  • Tiny Madam Bag
  • MIL Scarf
  • Silk Garden Beanie
  • SS Rib Beanie
  • Spectrum Sock 4 SS
  • Wrappy Thing
  • Patonyle Socks
  • Mother's Day Socks
  • Panta
  • Curly Whirly Scarf
  • Clapotis
  • Opal Socks
  • Stripey Sox
  • Diagonal Short Row Scarf
  • Mother In Law Socks 1
  • Pregnant Friend Socks
  • Mother In Law Socks 2
  • Fon Sox

  • I AM KNITTING
  • Pomatomus
  • Baudelaire
  • Two fraternal socks on two circs
  • Mata Hari

  • I WILL KNIT
  • Monkey
  • Hedera
  • Diamante
  • Crooked Cable
  • Rolling Thunder
  • Cable Twist

  • KNITTING SITES
  • The Knittery
  • Knitty
  • Knitting on two circs
  • The Wool Shack
  • That Spinning Place
  • Yarns Online
  • Knitting Yarn Shop
  • Purl Yarns
  • The Knitting Loft
  • The Wool Shop
  • Knitting Pattern Central
  • CraftBits
  • SnBLaunceston
  • MagKnits
  • For the Love of Yarn
  • Yarn Magazine Blog

  • CRAFTY SITES
  • The Organised Elf

  • I'M READING . . .
  • Scar Tissue, Anthony Kiedis
  • Chasing Charlie Duskin, Cath Crowley
  • The Timewaster Letters, Robin Cook
  • The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas, John Boyne
  • A Drift of Derwent Ducks, Trudi Crowley
  • Out of Ireland, Christopher Koch
  • The Messenger, Markus Zusak
  • Thanks a Lot Guv, T. Garth Hyland
  • Princess Masako, Ben Hills

  • HOW MANY VISITS?
    Free Web Counter
    hit Counter

    Powered by Blogger